Therefore, I’d like to introduce you to:
So here is a little shortcut - a quick and easy way to make a dessert that gives you the same taste as Oreo Truffles.
First, you will need these ingredients:
- 1 package of Oreos. With all the new Oreo flavors you can really get creative here. I wanted to get peppermint Oreos, but couldn’t find them. I went with an off brand instead and saved some money.
- Some type of candy chocolate. Again, so many colors, so many possibilities. I went with white. No rhyme or reason behind my choice, I just like white.
- Cream cheese (I used about 7 oz)
- Peppermint extract
- Optional: sprinkles (or other toppings like nuts, peanut butter drizzle, more crushed cookies, cookie dough. Endless possibilities.)
- You will also need a food processor, blender, or a plastic baggie and a rolling pin.
What to do:
1. Crush Oreo cookies into a fine dust.
3. Melt chocolate. While the chocolate is melting line a pan with wax paper. Pour half of the chocolate into the pan and let set in the freezer for a few minutes.
4. Spread the Oreo mix into the pan.
5. Pour the other half of the chocolate on top and add any desired toppings. Throw it back into the freezer until frozen.
6. Take pan out of the freezer and chop it up!
7. Take a piece, put it in your mouth. Repeat.
Now my goal is to see how long I can make these last. There’s a good chance that there wont be any left in the morning.
Do you eat what you bake as you make it?
- I most certainly do. If I’m making cookies for every one I put on the cookie sheet I can almost guarantee I put two in my mouth. If I’m making brownies I purposely save a lot of batter so I can lick the bowl clean.